Skip to content

How to get a special-edition hardcover

August 6, 2014

We’re so excited! The special edition hardcovers are at the bindery! In just a few days, they’ll finally be on their way to us. We’ll be shipping them out on August 22 to backers who contributed $100 or more.

They’re individually signed by both of us, hand numbered, cloth-bound and foil-stamped, jacketed, individually shrink-wrapped, with a special “Love More, Be Awesome” insert. There will be only 200 copies in existence–and we have a few left! So if you didn’t manage to order one during the crowdfunding campaign, we’re giving you another chance at them.

If you want a hardcover of your very own–or if you’re already signed up for one and want another–send US$50 by Paypal to franklin@thorntreepress.com with “Hardcover” in the subject line, and include your mailing address in the message body. Please add $10 for shipping outside the US.

We must receive your payment by midnight on August 20. After that, the only way to get the hardcovers will be to catch us on our book tour! (That is, if we have any left by then.)

Yikes, pub date is so close! We hope everyone’s enjoying their advance copies!

Like what you’re reading on the More Than Two blog? Buy the book now at Amazon or Powell’s.

11 Comments leave one →
  1. Ken Haslam permalink
    August 6, 2014 4:15 am

Hi Eve and Franklin, Would it be possible to get my hardcover copy with autographs from the authors. This is the copy I will put into the Kinsey Polyamory Archive Collection and the autographs will be precious. Many thanks, Ken Haslam

• Eve Rickert permalink
      August 6, 2014 12:25 pm

Hi Ken! You are already on our list! Do you want a second one for yourself?

2. Ken Haslam permalink
    August 6, 2014 12:58 pm

No Thanks, One directly to me will be enough. All of my books will go to Kinsey on my death so your copy and autographs will eventually end up there. Thanks, Ken

3. August 7, 2014 9:43 am

I was so excited to see this! I haven’t been this excited for a book in a long time. I missed the crowdfunding campaign, but I’m still eager to see this book published. I would also be interested in having it autographed by both of you, and would be glad to pay extra for it. I’ve cut down significantly on my physical books, but this is one I want to own hardcover!

Thank you for the work you do!

• Eve Rickert permalink
      August 7, 2014 2:09 pm

All of the hardcovers will be autographed! Is that what you meant? Or do you want to try to get a paperback autographed? Where do you live? We might be able to catch you on our book tour.

4. August 11, 2014 1:54 am

Eve, you answered my question! I jumped on this chance for a hardback, and I’m so excited that it will be autographed! What is the timeline for the hardbacks ordered through PayPal?

• Eve Rickert permalink
      August 14, 2014 1:08 pm

They were supposed to ship from the printer yesterday, and we planned to send them out next Thursday. But I just got news from the printer that one of the suppliers shipped the wrong material for the binding, and they have to re-order… sigh. We think these hardcovers are cursed. So we don’t know now when they will ship to us. We’re pretty sure we’ll be able to ship them out before the book tour starts, at least.

5. August 14, 2014 1:12 pm

I’ll just think of it like performance theatre, then. Bad dress rehearsal = great opening night.

6. Suni permalink
    September 14, 2014 8:12 am

I got an email that the Special Edition Hardcovers for Supporters were Completed 9/2? So checking on the mail status of these?

• Eve permalink
      September 15, 2014 8:47 am

They got shipped to Portland and arrived after we’d started the book tour. Since we are in Portland for a couple of days on the tour, we’re mailing them out today or tomorrow.

7. Suni permalink
    September 18, 2014 2:47 am

Thank You Eve! Very Kewl and Looking Forward to the Books arrival! I Hope ya’ll are enjoying the Tour?
    In Love~Suni